The summer transfer window is closed for the major leagues in Europe. However, with an eye on January, there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Potter prefers others over Ronaldo
Club owner Todd Boehly remains keen on the 37-year-old Manchester United star, but he is willing to trust the call of Graham Potter, who has multiple players who he would prefer to sign instead of him.
One of those is AC Milan starlet Rafael Leao, who the Blues were previously linked with at the end of the summer transfer window. While it is unclear whether they will be able to reach an agreement with the Serie A champions for him, it is reported that Potter would also prioritise moves for Canada international Jonathan David and Brentford‘s Ivan Toney over Ronaldo.
Toney, 26, has scored eight Premier League goals this season, while 22-year-old David has contributed to 12 goals in 12 games for Lille in Ligue 1.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (U.S.)
– Evan Ndicka has been identified as a potential alternative if Paris Saint-Germain are unable to strike a deal with Internazionale for Milan Skriniar, reports Le10Sport. The Ligue 1 club believes that there is a possibility that Simone Inzaghi’s side will decide to keep their star centre-back at the San Siro, and it is reported that Ndicka is PSG’s Plan B. The 23-year-old centre-back has made 16 appearances across all competitions for Eintracht Frankfurt this season.
– Discussions over Jude Bellingham will be allowed to take place after the World Cup, understands Calciomercato. Borussia Dortmund are hopeful that the tournament will see the 19-year-old England international midfielder’s valuation rise, and they are therefore waiting until after the tournament before listening to any offers for his signature. He has been in impressive form this season, with eight goals and two assists in 17 matches.
– Bayern Munich have no plans to make an approach for Marcus Thuram in January, reveals Bild. The 25-year-old Borussia Monchengladbach forward has recently been linked with Julian Nagelsmann’s side, but club sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic informed the Berlin-based outlet that they currently have no plans to make signings for the squad when the winter transfer market opens.
– Barcelona look to have stepped up their interest in Borussia Dortmund and Germany youth international Youssoufa Moukoko, writes Ekrem Konur. The Blaugrana are understood to have sent scouts to watch him in BVB’s recent Bundesliga clash against VfB Stuttgart, in which the 17-year-old forward registered a goal and an assist. He has also been linked with Liverpool.
– Endrick has been on the radar of a number of clubs of late, but Paris Saint-Germain have made the offer for his services, according to Sport. PSG have tabled a proposal worth €20 million for the 16-year-old Palmeiras forward, with the Ligue 1 club keen to win the race for his signature. Multiple sides across Europe, including Real Madrid and Barcelona, have been linked with interest in him, though the Brazilian club could stand firm after being reported to have included a €60m release clause in the contract that he signed in the summer.