Now more than ever, with physical fitness programs depleted in schools across the country, and kids spending far too much time in front of their computers and smartphones, kids in America need encouragement to get into sports.
50 million American children, or 90 percent of all children, are not active enough to meet the CDC’s Physical Activity Standards. PHIT America aims to remedy this situation by targeting elementary schools, especially those in low income areas where this inactivity problem is far worse.
For those who wish to learn the sport of tennis – a true sport of a lifetime – Phit America created its Play Tennis program, which is partnered with the USTA and tennis and social justice icon Billie Jean King.
The PLAY TENNIS program introduces young children the basics of tennis in a fun, personalized approach. This program, which now includes Billie Jean King’s Eye Coach, puts kids on a pathway to be active and healthy for life! PLAY TENNIS is the 2nd step in PHIT’s exclusive 3-STEP Pathway to healthy living and playing tennis.
The PLAY TENNIS Program is free for many qualifying schools, is in demand across the nation. Currently 100,000 kids in 250 schools who are on the waitlist for our PLAY TENNIS Program.
Read more about the Play Tennis program below:
- PLAY TENNIS can be part of a school’s PE Curriculum or run as a fun after-school tennis program for beginners
- 6 or more 1 hour sessions covering the basics of tennis
- With only one PHIT America Champion (coach), between 40 to 50 children can be taught.Using a NEW PLAY TENNIS curriculum that is fun and inspiringUsing equipment & tools provided by PHIT America and the United States Tennis Association.
- Kids are in groups of 10-12 taught by a PHIT America Tennis Champion or instructor.
- Using equipment & tools provided by PHIT America and the United States Tennis Association.
- Using a NEW PLAY TENNIS curriculum that is fun and inspiring.
- With only one PHIT America Champion (coach), between 40 to 50 children can be taught.