This closed stance exercise will counteract the wrong move to help you prevent “coming over the top”.
This golf swing drill can be done with or without hitting a ball and it is an isometric exercise that will not only train the proper movement but will tone muscles in the hips, shoulders, and chest.
- Start in your normal stance.
- Pull your back foot (right foot for a right-handed golfer) so that your toe is in line with your front heel.
3. Make practice swings to feel the arms coming down closer to your body on the downswing.
4. Start by doing this exercise in slow motion. Feel how your hips initiate the movement towards the target and the shoulders and arms follow.
5. Feel how your hips initiate the movement towards the target and the shoulders and arms follow.
6. Pick up the pace until you can swing at normal speed.
This Closed Stance Drill is a great exercise you can do in slow-motion with practice swings to feel how your arms come closer to you on the downswing instead of out away from you.