Football

Fabrizio Romano drops big Liverpool update



Liverpool have been hit with a huge blow as it was revealed last month that Sadio Mane wants to leave Anfield this summer, and now a new update has emerged from a reliable source on the ongoing situation.

What’s the latest?

Italian journalist and transfer insider Fabrizio Romano has revealed an update on the back and forth between Liverpool and Bayern Munich over their intentions to agree on a deal for Mane, with two bids from the Bundesliga giants already rejected by the Merseyside club.

Romano took to his YouTube channel to reveal: “The position of the player has not changed.

“Bayern already had two bids refused by Liverpool for Sadio Mane, but from what I’m told today [Sunday], Bayern are preparing a new bid for Sadio Mane and the feeling around the deal is that the positions of Bayern and Liverpool in the negotiations are getting closer and closer.

“Bayern are really close to completing the signing of Sadio Mane.”

Supporters will be upset

There is no doubt that Liverpool supporters will be upset at the news that Mane’s time at Anfield is coming to an end when you consider the huge part he has played in the club’s recent success over his six years at the club.

Mane has scored 120 goals and delivered 48 assists since joining in 2016, with a goal contribution every 128 minutes which has led the side to win a Premier League title, Champions League, Carabao Cup and FA Cup during his time in the team.

The Senegalese winger’s success with Liverpool has seen his market value soar over the years, with Transfermarkt valuing the player at just £27m in August 2016 rising to £135m in December 2019 and is currently set at £72m, however the club are now reportedly willing to sell the player in the last 12 months of his contract for £42.5m.

That’s another cause for concern with the club clearly not being able to fetch a price that fairly matches his abilities.

Despite the player becoming a fan favourite and dubbed a “Liverpool legend” by Gabby Agbonlahor, the club has already made massive strides in finding a player who can replace Mane’s goal contributions in the team with the signing of Darwin Nunez reportedly set to be announced today.

With that being said, it will obviously be a big disappointment to see the Liverpool attacker leave this summer but the fact that FSG are identifying ways to replace him will be a massive relief to supporters ahead of next season.

AND in other news: Klopp can land his next Coutinho as Liverpool eye bid for “magical” £117k-p/w dynamo





Source link

Back to top button