The iGaming industry is growing from strength to strength through innovation and creation. A key focus for the industry is enhancing the mobile gaming market.
There are industry experts who feel that mobile is the way forward with desktop gameplay quickly becoming a thing of the past.
A Mobile-First Future
New releases, developments and innovation in mobile technology are reaching new heights every day. As mobile technology improves, so does the quality of the mobile iGaming industry.
Asko Heiskanen, chief gaming and development officer at Yggdrasil, is suggesting a mobile-only future. Heiskanen states that the value gap between mobile and desktop players has shrunk and soon desktop gameplay could be a thing of the past.
NetGaming CEO, Pallavi Deshmukh echoes this sentiment revealing that mobile betting will reach a 60 percent share of online gambling in Europe by 2025. Deshmukh suggests that this could already be the primary focus for many operators and suppliers. The NetGaming CEO believes that mobile-first slots are the key to revenue growth and player engagement.
According to Deshmukh, many of the new and emerging markets are essentially mobile-first. They are built around the latest mobile payment methods and features. Furthermore, the CEO believes that the future should be about optimising support on multiple browsers and operating systems on mobile devices with customer behaviour trends as guidance.
Not all share this belief. COO at Glück Games, Helen Walton suggests that while interest in mobile gaming is growing there is still a group of players who prefer desktop. These tend to be the most valuable players; hence the reason why various operators still focus on bringing the best designs to desktop.
According to Walton the future of the industry will depend on appealing to low time and low spending players. Thus, the focus on mobile design. At the same time, there is the need for high-quality imagery, graphics, and animations on larger screens, with the view from a designer perspective.
Superseven.com COO, Tim Parker says that any developer who does not develop casino games and products with a mobile-first approach does not have the player in mind. At this point, 60-70% of casino gaming transactions take place via mobile devices. Making it vital for developers to shift their focus. It is no longer acceptable for a new casino game not to be available on mobile.
The EGR B2B Awards 2021
The world is slowly starting to open up and EGR was among the first to take advantage by hosting a hybrid event for EGR B2B Awards’ 12th iteration. The event is split in two with the first day completely virtual and day two featuring an in-person celebration.
The awards ceremony is set for the 6-7 July 2021 with winner announcements taking place throughout the event.
Shortlist for ‘Innovation in Mobile‘
This category celebrates operators who demonstrate the most innovation in mobile across various verticals in gaming. This includes the product, technology used and marketing. These nominated companies are the future of the iGaming industry and it’s exciting to see what they have to offer!
- Degree 53 – Specialises in developing and designing bespoke online gambling and betting products including mobile apps.
- ESA Gaming – Focuses on creating a simple and fast mobile experience with high performing HTML5 gaming products.
- Evoplay – This award-winning studio is all about industry-firsts, creating award-winning games with beautiful graphics ensuring unique gameplay.
- Microgaming – An award-winning software developer offering unparalleled gaming software to operators across the globe.
- Pragmatic Play – A fast-rising star in the industry committed to creating unique games with interesting themes and designs.
- Push Gaming – This industry leader focuses on creating a quality gaming experience with unique and captivating games played perfectly on mobile.
- Relax Gaming – This award-winning casino drives differentiation through its aggregation offering and unique content.
- SA Gaming – This award-winning company dominates the Asian market through the creation of state-of-the-art casino games.
- Wazdan – With a passion for games, Wazdan dedicates itself to innovation and entertainment using cutting-edge solutions and innovative ideas.
Judges consider the commercial success and business growth, originality and first to market innovation impact on customer acquisition and retention.
We’re excited to see who will take home the title of most innovative in mobile and we’ll be sure to keep an eye on what they develop in the future!